PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PAX is looking for a Systems Engineering Lead (SEL) to support and lead development on new PAX hardware products. The SEL will report directly to the Director, Systems Engineering and will be the Direct Responsible Interest (DRI) for the product on the hardware team. Using your broad engineering knowledge and experience, you’ll take the product requirements, liaise with the different hardware team leads (EE,ME,REL,FW…), and develop executable engineering requirements.
We are looking for a fearless individual capable of working with highly skilled cross-functional engineering teams to identify risks, explore solutions, reach consensus and execute mitigations as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As the PAX Systems Engineering Lead, you will:
- Create and own the Engineering Requirements Document (ERD) from the product requirements
- Understand the tradeoffs between ME, EE, FW, REL, PM, EPM, UX, ID solutions/options and provide final design recommendations and cross-functional mediation
- Collaborate with the Reliability team to inform and help define appropriate DFMEA
- Drive technical issues to resolution while coordinating across teams
- Communicate technical root cause to management team with backup from Hardware leads
- Approve system design for function and cost
- Unblock and drive engineering team to resolve bugs
- Handle escalations, risk tracking and mitigations