OVERVIEW OF ROLE
This position is responsible for helping develop and implement various communications strategies to support the network’s ratings, business and branding goals. Working day-to-day with the SVPs (2) and VPs (4) of PR as well as the PR teams in New York and Los Angeles, this position is responsible for increasing brand awareness and driving tune-in through the creation of comprehensive communications strategies and strategic promotions and partnerships designed to reach key external audiences, including viewers/fans, influencers, clients and the television community.
The position will be based on Los Angeles and divide responsibilities with the director in New York and be responsible for the day-to-day execution of specific scripted and unscripted series consumer press campaigns, creating and driving special projects, including events and panels, and managing outside partners, agencies, unit publicists and consultants.
The position will also work in close collaboration with several other departments, including:
- Corporate Communications team: helping provide a strategic focus for all external messaging and ensure long-term coordination.
- Marketing, social and brand activation teams: helping develop strategic communications plans to reinforce branding and marketing messages to consumers; develop direct-to-consumer and fan engagement opportunities, including the creation of custom content and assets, special events, stunts, etc.
- Heads of Talent relations, Awards campaigning and Special Events: supporting and collaborating with teams to ensure alignment and coordinated efforts.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Develop and lead consumer press strategies for assigned shows. Works with VPs and NY and LA PR teams to develop and supervise the implementation of goals, strategies, tactics and timelines for assigned original programming and network marketing, business and branding efforts:
- Supporting original and acquired programming, special programming initiatives or stunts, unit publicity, premieres, screenings and panels and advertising and affiliate sales initiatives in consumer media.
- Supporting show-related business extensions and opportunities, including digital and social programs, apps, games, etc. with a focus on direct-to-consumer outreach and fan engagement
- Day-to-day co-supervision of PR managers and coordinators as well as outside partners, agencies and consultants
- Write compelling materials for press kits, stunts, special events and other PR assignments, including various programming press releases, pitch letters, positioning statements, speeches, bios, etc.
- Supervise all aspects of assigned special events, including press stunts, premieres, screenings, press junkets, media tours, etc. Responsible for supervision of all aspects of event coordination and for resulting media coverage
- Coordinate publicity appearances of and interviews with talent and producers
- Work closely with EVP and SVP on any crises related to assigned original series, including but not limited to writing talking points, Q&As, statements, etc. as well as handle and provide counsel to senior executives as needed
- Work closely with Corporate Communications to ensuring that consumer PR goals and activities are in sync with larger corporate goals