Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Director will be responsible for managing the relationship and contract negotiations with Nexstar Media’s valued Multichannel Video Programming Distributor (MVPD) partners. The position requires a person who can manage the full scope of the account management and affiliate sales processes – create and execute sales strategies and marketing opportunities, while also building relationships with key MVPD contacts. In addition to negotiating retransmission consent agreements with traditional MVPD partners, this role will also work intimately with digital MVPD partners, and work with the stations’ Network partners. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who demonstrates outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide end-to-end account management for assigned accounts; interact with the decision-makers and influencers of assigned MVPD partners.
- Develop sales strategies to meet or exceed established revenue goals and targets for assigned MVPD accounts.
- Construct and deliver compelling external sales presentations to senior executives from assigned MVPD partners.
- Lead negotiations with MVPD partners regarding pricing, programming content, new technology platforms, and marketing.
- Assist in the management of the relationship with Nexstar’s network partners (ABC; CBS; FOX; NBC; CW; MYN)
- Identify, create, and manage partnerships with digital distributors including online and other alternative platforms (e.g. YouTube TV; Hulu)
- Point person to collaborate with Nexstar Media station marketing leadership teams to identify, convey and implement marketing opportunities to distribution.
- Work with internal Finance department to develop financial models relating to deal negotiations.
- Gather competitive intelligence and current marketplace information.
- Forecast sales goals and expenditures for senior management approval and operate the assigned accounts in accordance with goals.
- Maintain an accurate account status for regular review by the SVP, Distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree