Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that’s important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Responsible for producing new and innovative content series for non-linear platforms across the Spectrum Networks footprint. Contribute to stories and facilitate execution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop concepts and write news stories for compelling digital reports through continuous research and community outreach
- Participate in pitching of story concepts and strategizing around execution including story detail and how to best prepare reporters
- Stay familiar with trends within the industry to support creative direction
- Assist with scheduling and logistics between internal groups and external partners including securing images, confirming venues, etc.
- Collaborate with others on team to coordinate all aspects of shoot; analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect, with attention to lighting, background composition and style; may be called on to shoot in some scenarios
- Compose and publish text, video and images to site using online publishing tools and other software programs
- Work within design programs like Adobe Photoshop to produce high quality digital visuals to accompany content