The Digital Ad Sales organization is responsible for the monetization of all owned and operated digital platforms (websites, mobile, video, Go Apps) through development and execution of custom advertising solutions including content marketing, sponsorships, social, targeted media, display ads, programmatic ads newsletters, etc.
The Digital Account Specialist is responsible for all aspects of digital media planning and acts as key point of contact with ad agency and internal constituents; focused on pre-sale and post-sale campaign maintenance such as gathering creative assets and monitoring delivery. This position supports all Discovery Inc Digital Properties and will report to the Director, Digital Ad Sales in the respective marketplace.
1. Develop strategic media plans based on to clients’ marketing goals.
2. Optimize campaigns for full delivery by monitoring daily delivery of all campaigns running all Discovery brands and associated networks.
3. Interface with key stake holders including agencies, other sales offices, Marketing, Research, and Creative Services departments.
4. Fulfill RFP and process insertion orders, secure creative & inventory by deadline and manage digital production.
5. Assist Account Executive with prospecting new accounts through trade materials, media publications, on-line research.
6. Help create external facing sales materials for clients.
7. Manage presale and post-sales operations ensuring on-time start.
8. Work with ad agencies, clients and internal sales team to gather advertising campaign assets.
9. Prioritize and communicate needs with Account Executives, managers and internal departments.
10. Partner with Sales Assistants and other Digital Account Specialists on billing, invoicing, accounting adjustments.
11. Develop post-mortem of major campaigns – detail delivery, successes, and areas of improvement.
12. Troubleshoot campaign delivery issues and correct any under/over delivery.
13. Provide clients with weekly updates on campaign progress with commentary.