The Creative Director of Science Channel will be responsible for conceiving and overseeing creative development of promotional campaigns, Network branding and cross-promotional marketing initiatives. This candidate must be able to lead and inspire both staff and freelance writer/producers, helping them to shape and realize their creative vision while remaining true to the brand goals. Must have a clear understanding of the brand, our consumer and a vision towards the future. Experience in executing ideas across all messaging mediums is a must.
1. Communicate the brand character and personality of the channel to viewers through consistent on-air messages that drive viewer loyalty, build ratings and contribute to overall business objectives.
2. Work closely with marketing strategy team to best position the tone and voice of marketing assets.
3. Manage a talented promotion team in an environment that fosters creative excellence, innovation and appropriate risk-taking.
4. Provide thinking that challenges the status quo to develop breakthrough creative and programs to drive awareness and tune-in. Inspire work that ensures the brand continues to be bold, risk-taking and unique.
5. Provide creative insight and guidance to internal teams, including internal creative partners, Media Planning, Digital Media, Communications, and external resources, ultimately driving an integrated approach to advertising, promotion and marketing creative.
6. Utilize external resources as needed to help achieve and set the highest creative standards in the industry
7. As necessary, write and produce on-air promos, voiceovers, opens, graphics, bumps, teases and other short presentations such as vignettes, marketing tapes, presentation reels, advertiser sponsored materials, etc.
8. Ability to effectively communicate with SVP of Marketing about candidate’s creative vision and continued evolution of the brand.
9. Accountability also includes overseeing appropriate budget tracking and allocations.