The Pac-12 Networks seeks a Counsel, Distribution & Business Affairs to support the Company’s broadcast distribution divisions.be responsible for providing legal and business affairs support to Pac-12 Networks, with a focus on content and affiliate distribution matters. Primary duties will include oversight and management of cable, satellite, broadband, and digital distribution agreements and other content-related matters.
LA OR SAN FRAN OFFICE
- Assist with the drafting, negotiation, interpretation, and management of traditional and digital distribution deals, including cable, satellite, VOD, and over-the-top agreements.
- Counsel and advise on a wide variety of legal issues related to content distribution for traditional and emerging platforms, including evaluating potential new opportunities and providing guidance on Pac-12 Networks distribution strategy domestically and internationally.
- Manage business transactions and legal affairs with MSO’s (including MFN’s, audits, givebacks, etc.).
- Help maintain a positive and proactive business relationship with all distribution partners.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to manage and execute agreements and assure the Pac-12 Networks are in compliance with existing distribution agreements.
- Vet creative summaries, business strategies, and pitches for legal and business risk.
- Provide advice to internal production and programming divisions on development- and production-related matters and legal analysis.
- Work with internal music & media licensing and digital divisions in connection with licensing agreements and legal matters with respect to programming and distribution.
- Perform other day-to-day legal and business affairs-related duties as assigned.