The Account Services Representative assists the Account Directors with all aspects the sales process and responsibilities as needed. The Account Services Representative develops selling and deal strategies in conjunction with the Account Director, and develops a working relationship with key contacts inside and outside of the company, facilitating smooth coordination of the sales and marketing process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist Account Director(s) with all aspects of the sales process and responsibilities as needed, including supporting and backing up of Account Director(s) when required.
o In unique situations, step in as acting Account Director to ensure revenue and business discussions continue (vacation coverage and when the AD is traveling for business)
• Work collaboratively with Account Director(s) and other offices to drive revenue growth in all vertical groups from new and existing customers.
• Develop selling and deal strategies in conjunction with the Account Director(s).
• Actively read advertising trades, research databases, etc. to help Account Director(s) develop lists of prospective clients, while allowing ASR to gain sales experience.
• Conduct initial research on potential and existing clients to assist Account Director(s) and Marketing with brainstorms, pitches, lobby executions, etc.
• Facilitate smooth coordination of the sales and marketing process
• Work closely with Marketing as well as other NCM departments including Research, Creative, Planning, Inventory, Lobby/Operations, Public Relations, and Events Marketing to meet the above objectives.
o Engage with Creative team to develop solutions and facilitate creative development, as needed, with creative agency and client/advertiser teams.
o Coordinate with Events Marketing team and/or Account Director(s) to execute client events (i.e. film screenings, trivia nights, team outings, etc.)
o Also includes management of marketing-oriented client communications such as the Monthly Ticket Letter sent to key agency and client contacts.
o Act as key point of contact for major lobby activations—ASR serves as liaison between all teams (Sales, Operations, Planning, Inventory, etc.) and the agency/clients.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships both internally across NCM teams and externally with agencies and clients while being a positive and influential presence in your region.
• Assist Sales Coordinators with sales process and logistical elements of planning, executing, and servicing client media buys.
o Includes understanding of RFP/planning process, sending regular reports to agencies/clients, facilitating research needs, and more.
• Take on one-off projects including systems development/research, industry research, historical reporting and consolidation, etc. to assist upper management with larger requests from agencies, advertisers, etc.
• Provide analysis as directed by the SVP and CRO
• Maintain small client list to help drive revenue and create media partnerships for NCM