We are looking for a dynamic Account Executive to join the NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut local sales team. This position is primarily responsible for delivering sales revenue, as well as cultivating and developing new advertisers for the station’s multi-platform properties. The ability to work at the local level with clients of all levels of business is paramount, from large cap, medium and small businesses, in addition to exploring unique paths to procure business. The Account Executive will be expected to meet quarterly and annual targets by servicing existing clients as well as identifying and prospecting new business. This position requires an individual with a keen ability to develop concepts to create, incrementally grow and maintain sales revenue by connecting a corporation’s marketing goals seamlessly with the entire portfolio of NBC local media content distribution platforms.
- Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-day interaction.
- Generate and increase revenue from an established account list to meet and exceed annual revenue goals.
- Embrace, understand, target, pitch and secure new sources of marketing, advertising, promotional and event revenue for NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut.
- Create customized solutions for local clients that will demonstrate the power of NBC local media with the ultimate goal of monetizing NBC Connecticut NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut properties.
- Ascertain and market to previously untapped, emerging and traditional brands/ businesses and drive revenue through negotiating and selling the value and benefit of TV, mobile, digital, out-of-home and all other multi-marketing platforms.
- Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from competitive media including radio, print, digital, out of home, cable, events, etc.
- Organized management of a business opportunity pipeline and sharp revenue forecasting.
- Learn NBC Salesforce systems and Traffic/Order flow processes and create presentations using MS EXCEL.
- Effectively present sales proposal and sales pitches to internal and external clients.
- Minimum 1 year sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of developing creative solutions for customers’ marketing objectives and garnering revenue from non-traditional sources.
- Minimum 1 year of working knowledge with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Sales skills with a record of attaining or exceeding quotas
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work at the location in West Hartford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program