The Verizon WNBA All-Star Game 2017 is poised to serve up a slew of brand activation with a lineup that includes (but is not exclusive to):
- Title partner Verizon showcased via logo inclusion on the pole pads, seatbacks, press conference banner, courtside and LED stanchion signage in addition to presenting the pregame and halftime warmups.
- Cisco is receiving in-arena branding and working with the WNBA to conduct Cisco Jabber Video conversations between select All-Stars and media located around the world remotely in addition to two Cisco Telepresence behind-the-scenes content posts during WNBA All-Star on WNBA’s official Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Gatorade getting a presence in in-arena branding, courtside signage, courtside equipment setup, and product placement on the press conference tables plus serving up a 30-second video highlighting the top plays and moments from the first half of the WNBA All-Star Game.
- Harman serving up a JBL-branded Dance Cam for fans on the KeyArena videoboard.
- Kaiser Permanente, presenting partner of both the WNBA All-Star FIT Clinic and Fan Fest, owning a branded activation space to engage fans around health and wellness and providing hospitality benefits to employees, business and community partners,
- Nike offering an in-arena oncourt activation, “Shoot or Pass,” that will select two fans at random who will be brought to center court to compete in a skills competition for the opportunity to win prizes. In addition, Nike will host a dedicated player hospitality suite in the player hotel.
- Pepsi’s “Aquafina Bottle Flip Challenge,” will have two contestants competing for a prize based on who can complete the most Aquafina bottle flips.
Mattel and WWE are teaming up to launch a girls’ product line that showcases the first-ever fashion dolls of Nikki and Brie Bella, Sasha Banks, Natalya, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Alicia Fox and Eva Marie. The product line was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con and offers role play items that include a WWE Women’s Championship title belt in addition to accessories like a Bayley-inspired headband and Sasha Bank’s “Legit Boss” rings.
FOX Sports takes on the second of three CONCACAF Gold Cup matches in Social Virtual Reality for the semifinal matchup between the United States/Costa Rica on Saturday at 10p on FS1. Teaming with LiveLike and presenting sponsor Buffalo Wild Wings, coverage will include ,ultiple live-event, high-resolution camera angles w/ the ability to choose between views or sit back and simply select a director’s cut that automatically selects the best camera angle for live game action. When entering the experience, users will be able to select a “Social” tab and a “Join Friends” button that connects them to Facebook upon authorization.
Nielsen Sports and the International Paralympic Committee locked in an extension of their relationship that runs through the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. The deal will see Nielsen Sports help analyze new revenue streams for the IPC which could also become a blueprint for National Paralympic Committees in addition to TV media valuation and market research. In addition, Nielsen Sports will also work with the IPC to create a digital strategy as well as digital evaluation monitoring and measurement.
SEGA Networks, in partnership with WWE, launched WWE Tap Mania, a mobile game that is now available worldwide to download for free with in-app purchases on the App Store for iPhone and iPad and Google Play Store for Android devices. Included in the action are names that include The Rock, John Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks and The Miz, with play-by-play commentary by WWE announcers Michael Cole and Corey Graves.
NextVR, in partnership with Relevent Sports, is taking on the International Champions Cup in virtual reality. Soccer fanatics will now be able to experience El Clasico live for the first time in VR. “We’re thrilled to be broadcasting El Clasico live in VR for the first time and to give fans new experiences like the pre and post tournament shows to further enhance our ICC programing,” said David Cole, NextVR CEO. “Virtual reality immerses you in the action and we’re able to transport fans into the match to provide them unprecedented access to one of the world’s most premier sporting events.”
Daybreak Games detailed plans for this weekend’s Elite Series kick off at DreamHack Atlanta. The action will see two H1Z1: King of the Kill tournaments – one for five-player teams and one for solo players – with a combined prize pool of $250,000. Twenty-four teams of five will compete in the qualifiers, including organizations like Echo Fox, Team Kaliber, Panda Gaming, Noble, Epsilon, and SoaR Gaming. Solo finals run on Saturday at 10p, with team finals on Sunday at noon.
With registration open for the WorldGaming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Canadian Championships, the company announced that Snakmandoo signed on as sponsor and official snack of the WorldGaming Counter Strike: Global Offensive Canadian Championships. Throughout the sponsorship, Snakmandoo will offer social contesting and influencer activations leading up to and at the National Finals event at Scotiabank Theatre Toronto.
Major League Rugby is bringing in the consulting services of Michael Jaquet to oversee media and commercial activity for the League. Jaquet joins MLR from US Ski and Snowboard where he served as CMO. “How many opportunities are there in sports to help start a league from scratch?” said Jaquet, “I believe there is an incredible opportunity for the sport of rugby in America and this is a great client to launch my consulting business. There are great people in place here running a model that will guarantee its success.”
The World Surf League named Sophie Goldschmidt as the next CEO of the organization. Goldschmidt will officially take over from interim CEO Dirk Ziff in August and joins from CSM Sport and Entertainment where she served as Group Managing Director and was responsible for developing and driving new business initiatives and commercial growth across the company’s global operations, in addition to managing the group’s brand development and marketing.
The Open continues on Golf Channel starting at 1:30a.